We believe everyone has the right to safe and healthy mobility.
Our vision is a world with zero road deaths and serious injuries, where everyone moves in a safe and healthy way, as part of our normal day.
Brake is a road safety charity working with communities and organisations across New Zealand to prevent road deaths and injuries, make streets and communities safer for everyone, and support people bereaved and seriously injured on roads. We have been working since 2011 to make a difference across NZ. (We also work in the UK and run some global projects.)
Read more about our vision, mission, values and aims.
- We support people affected by road death and serious injury.
- We work with schools and families, communities and companies to champion the cause of road safety and raise awareness of key road safety issues.
- We coordinate national Road Safety Week, involving schools, organisations, communities and road safety professionals in road safety activities.
- We help organisations that employ people who drive for work to manage work-related road risk.
- We support professionals working with road crash victims.
- We campaign for evidence-based policies and investments to enable everyone to have access to safe and healthy mobility, respond to government consultations, and engage media in raising awareness of road safety.
Our funding and how to support us
Brake is funded entirely by donations from, and fundraising by, individuals, groups, schools and companies, and through grants. Find out about our supporters, and how to support us, below.
Companies and organisations that put road safety at the top of their CSR activities, and how you can too.
How people have fun helping us - and how to take part.
The quickest and simplest way to help us.
Go to our contact page for information on getting in touch with Brake.